Sat, Sep 26|
Martha's Vineyard Museum
Outdoor Yoga at The Martha's Vineyard Museum (9/26)
Join YogiJay (Jason Mazar-Kelly) for a fun filled morning of outdoor yoga at the MV Museum. The MV Museum is a cornerstone of the Vineyard and focuses on creating a space for sharing the history of the island and telling the stories of the community in an artistic and educational format.
Time & Location
Sep 26, 2020, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM EDT
Martha's Vineyard Museum, 151 Lagoon Pond Rd, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568, USA
About the event
Join YogiJay (Jason Mazar-Kelly) and the MV Museum every Saturday at 8AM for an outdoor community based yoga class that will be accessible to all levels of practicioners. This weekly event is a great way to stay connected with community while helping to limit the spread of the virus. In addition, while you practice you will get the chance to see all of the wonderful outdoor exhibits the Museum will be showcasing that tells the stories of this beautiful little island. From historical exhibits to present day exhibits that highlight the community and all the efforts being made to grow stronger together, the MV Museum is a central location for community building and learning.
As we all navigate these unusual times, its seems to me that its more important than ever to find ways to work, collaborate and cooperate with our communities. Yoga means union or to yoke and while we all may practice yoga for a different reason, there is a common thread that connects these practices and our intentions for practice. That thread is the expoloration of union. To find union within yourself and with the world around you. So through this practice and these collaborations, may we continue to find union, to grow strong together and to lead the way forward with non-judgemental compassionate self awareness!
1) The class will start at 8AM. Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior so we can ensure yoga mats are appropriately distanced (more than 6ft apart).
2) Current reopening guidlines limit the class capacity to 10 people per class. As such pre-registration is required. Signup as soon as you can as we anticipate these weekly classes to sell out. If capacity can be increased we will consider the opportunity for doing so. Our main priority is ensuring everyone can safely practice so please stay tuned for updates.
3) You are not required to wear a mask when practicing but please have a mask handy in case social distancing cannot be maintained. YogiJay will be wearing a mask as the teacher is required to do so.
4) Please be resepectful and considerate of others. Some of us may be immune compromised and some of us may be living with those who are immune compromised. If someone asks you to wear a mask, please be considerate and feel free to talk with myself or the museum if you have any concerns. Remember, we all have fears and anixeties. Rather than judging one another on how one may express fear, may we reside in the acknowledgement that we all deal with our own fears and anxieties in our unique ways. We are all trying our best and doing our best!
5) In case of rain, class will be postponed.
6) Have fun, be safe and share a smile with your community!
Outdoor Yoga at the MV Museum
+$0.38 Service fee
This ticket is good for one yoga class per person. 50% of ticket sales will go to support the continued operation of the MV Museum.
+$0.38 Service fee0